History of the Cheboygan County Fair
Our fair has a long and proud history and we make history every year.
It first held in September 1878 on the grounds of the Cheboygan Horse Association, then moved to O’Brien’s Grove, and was also held in Wolverine for a time. However, in the late 1940’s the Spies family sold the 30 acres which is now the Cheboygan County Fairgrounds to Cheboygan County Fair Association for $1.00 because they believed the Fair should be held at the location of the county seat. It has taken place there ever since and has grown into one of Michigan’s premier county fairs.